- July 13, 2021
- Posted by: American Surgical
COO / INTEGRATOR
Do you value relationships, approach your team members with openness and vulnerability, and utilize listening and communication rather than micromanaging? If you can delegate, execute, and balance a sense of urgency with the desire to build and help consolidate an ever-growing team, then we want to talk to you!
Our ideal COO / Integrator is:
- Organized, Agile, Honest, Approachable, and Competent
- Strategic – You understand the importance of an efficient system and possess the skills to keep projects moving with your process-oriented mindset, multi-tasking, and exceptional follow-through.
- Balanced – You are justice-oriented and don’t pick sides, but make fair and impartial decisions based on what is best for the whole. You are well equipped to handle conflict with grace and understanding.
- Punctual – You boast exceptional time-management skills, pay close attention to small details, and never procrastinate.
- Collaborative – You take the time to know each of your departments and are comfortable holding the team accountable and promoting growth, both on the leadership team and throughout the company.
- Resourceful – While it may be impossible to be an expert in every area of an organization, you strive to learn all you can about each department, intuitively relating to every level of the company and utilizing the strengths of each.
Our culture values people who believe in what we are doing as a company and a family, and want to be an integral part of our long-term growth. We’re searching for a likeable, hands-on manager who always does the right thing and possesses a desire to wear multiple hats and develop strong leaders. A sense of humor and passion for small business is a huge plus. Our team is willing to challenge each other’s ideas if we do not agree and come to agreements, and we’re looking for someone who feels the same.
The job responsibilities of this COO/Integrator include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, manage and hold Sales and Marketing, Operations, Quality and Regulatory, Product Development, and HR and Finance departments accountable (4-5 direct reports)
- Facilitate weekly L10s, one on ones, and Same Page meetings
- Accountable for achieving 1, 3, and 10-year goals according to the organizational vision
- Reports to the Visionary
- Develop an awareness of the compliance requirements of each department, including safety regulations
- Hold the team accountable for follow through on special projects
- Work closely with the Visionary to ensure alignment and accountability with the V/TO
- Assist in management of Product Development projects and initiatives
- Identify issues and work collaboratively between departments to identify long-term solutions
- Develop a strategy and structure for scalability and growth, holds the team accountable for implementation
- Evaluate the Visionary’s ideas for alignment with business focus, collaborate to develop strategies for moving forward
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- Operations management experience
- Regulated industry experience
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- Experience in warehousing, logistics, procurement, or distribution
- Experience working for a company in a high growth environment (<$25M revenue)
- Experience as a small business owner
- 4-year degree, STEM preferred
- Experience working for a company operating on EOS®
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
This position works out of the Salem, MA office. Not a remote position, but there is flexibility.
THE COMPANY – American Surgical
At American Surgical, our mission is to improve people’s lives by designing and manufacturing innovative single-use skull and spine surgical tools. We have a strong foundation in our market, and are always looking to grow, embarking in new product development and going to market with quality products that save people’s lives. Our office environment is friendly, conversational, and positive, and your coworkers will quickly become like friends and family. We live out our core values everyday, and work together as a team to get things done.
WHY American Surgical?
American Surgical stands out because of our culture and core values:
- Do the right thing
- Find a way
- Succeed as a team
- Hungry to succeed
- Monthly Conscious Capitalism meetings focused on continuous leadership development
- Scenic New England office view
- ASC Cares – Community involvement – ex. Volunteer with Y for camp cleanup and other philanthropic groups
- 2020 Business Partner of the Year for work with Goodwill and Provider Counsel
Salary: $170k-$190k plus profit sharing
Benefits: Health, dental reimbursement, life insurance, tuition reimbursement
Join a company that cares in a position with exceptional growth opportunities!