- October 7, 2020
- Posted by: American Surgical
The Sales Development Representative role at American Surgical Company is your gateway to a long and lucrative career in medical device sales. Your role as Sales Development Representative will be to engage and qualify leads to create pipeline for our Account Executives while preparing you to step into additional responsibility.
What You’ll Do:
You will manage and grow our product lines by initiating, supporting and developing business relationships with hospitals, physicians, organizations and key opinion leaders through outreach. You must feel confident and comfortable interacting with surgeons and medical professionals.
Responsible for qualifying inbound leads and prospecting.
- Data aggregation.
- Make outbound calls/emails and qualify marketing-generated inbound leads.
- Utilize consultative sales strategies to drive new business and gain market share.
- Meet weekly/monthly/quarterly targets.
- Manage and track activities and opportunities correctly in Salesforce.
- Coordinate closely with Account Executives.
- Rapidly develop your sales skills on the job and through training and events.
- Work closely with Customer Service and be able to assist as needed.
- Build trusted relationships with prospective customers; delivering exceptional service and experiences.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Ideally 1 years’ experience in sales or account management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or strong desire to pursue a challenging career in medical device sales.
- Strong ability to engage with qualified leads over the phone and email.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- High level of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism.
- Competitive self-starter who can quickly react and adjust in dynamic situations.
- Optimistic problem solver and team player.
- Solid organizational & planning skills.
- Communicative, punctual and easy to work with.
- Lives in the Greater Boston area.
- $37k base salary + 2% commission structure first year. On target earnings: $45k for first year.
- Flexible Family-First Scheduling: ASC exists to ensure the enduring health and wellbeing of our people, customers and community.
- 401k – Health Insurance – Life Insurance
- Learning & Advancement
American Surgical Company develops the innovative, single-use tools surgeons need to do what they do best: help their patients get better.
Every day, we are advancing the future of surgery worldwide with new, specialty devices that make it possible for surgeons to improve their performance. With every tool – however small it may be – our goal is to improve patients’ lives. At ASC, we are proud of our deep expertise in small, absorbent patties. We started making products to meet the evolving needs of neurosurgeons more than 35 years ago. Our products are used every 4.2 seconds worldwide in over 51 countries and on 6 continents. Corporate headquarters in Salem, Massachusetts.
Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing